TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering the RACV Energy Breakthrough, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All entries are to be team entries and must consist of current school students.
- All team members must be familiar with the operation of their vehicle, innovation or pushcart and must participate equally in the assessments at the event in Maryborough.
- Team members do not have to all come from the same school. They could be part of a scout, church, or other community group, however they must all be current school students and be covered by the group’s insurance.
- Teams in the Human Powered Vehicle, Energy Efficient Vehicle and Try-athlon B/C categories will consist of:
- a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of eight (8) riders.
- of whom at least half must be female.
- except in Open categories where there are no gender requirements.
– Teams in the Human Powered Vehicle A and Try-athlon A categories will consist of:
– a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of ten (10) riders.
– of whom at least half must be female.
- Teams in the Pushcart category will consist of:
– a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of ten (10) participants,
– of whom at least half must be female.
- Teams in the Innovations in Technology category must have:
– a minimum of four (4) and maximum of six (6) in Crafty Design.
– a team of four (4) for Junkyard Challenge.
– at least half of whom must be female.
Category Caps, Changes and Waitlists:
- A maximum of three entries per school will be accepted in any category, except Innovations in Technology, which has no limit.
- Additional entries from a school will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified if accepted into the event.
- Teams registered in the HPV B or C classes who request a transfer to the HPV Open class will incur a 50 lap penalty in the trial.
- Teams registered in the Try-athlon A or B/C class who request a transfer to the Try-athlon Open class will incur a 15 lap penalty in the endurance trial.
- Only one entry per school will be accepted in the HPV Open and Try-athlon Open classes.
- Schools that have an existing entry in the HPV Open or Try-athlon Open classes will not be able to enter additional teams into this class.
- Correspondence regarding the status of entries on a waiting list will be made directly to a Team Manager only.
Entries will only be received through our Online Entry System via the Energy Breakthrough website: www.racveb.com
- New Team Managers are advised to sign-up to our Online Entry System at any time.
- Existing Team Managers are encouraged to sign-in again before entries open to ensure they remember their username and password and that their contact details are correct.
Entry Payment Details and Refunds
- All entry fees are GST inclusive.
- Entry fees include access to on-site facilities, activities, entertainment, planning and administrative expenses.
- Entries are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Only online entries are accepted.
- Payment must be received with 14 days from date of invoice.
- A team’s entry in the event will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- Invoices can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Cheque. Details for payment are included on the Invoice.
- Team Managers will be notified by email when a payment has been processed.
- If, after 14 days, payment has not been received, the team’s entry will be dropped onto the ‘Waiting List’.
- No refunds except for teams who are on a waiting list and are not offered a place.
Safety and Insurance
- Team Managers must ensure they fulfil all Education Department requirements (including insurance), as you would for all school excursions. This includes the completion of police checks of all attending parents and volunteers, as per the requirements of the Working with Children Act.
- While every precaution is taken to make the weekend as safe as possible (including vehicle checks, first-aid facilities and on-going safety checks), no responsibility can be taken for teams.
- Be especially careful to ensure that helmets and other safety equipment are organised well before the event.